Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What is 'Mystic Lady' and 'Woman's Work' CD?

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 96 11:37:58 GMT
Subject: Re: What is 'Mystic Lady' and 'Woman's Work' CD?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>        I went to my local rental/second-hand CD joint and I went straight
>        for the 'Bush, Kate' category of course.
>        Some weird shit like the 'Red Socks' TKI and some Japanese disks.

   That's the US one.

>        But I saw two weird CDs. One was called 'Mystic Lady' and looked
>        like a bootleg except it had the 'Novercia' label. Seemed like
>        a compilation. But it looked cheap. It only had a single colour
>        slip, no lyrics booklet. Sorry don't want it.

   Absolutely a boot. There is no "Novercia" label.

>        The second one was more interesting. It was called 'This Woman's
>        Work' which I thought was a massively expensive box set.
>
>        Anyway it contained some B-Sides and stuff I have never heard of.
>        Some info perchance from the cognescenti? I wanted to get it
>        but it was tatty (ripped booklet and slight CD scratches) and
>        the prick behind the counter wanted AU$30 because it was
>        'out of print'.

   $30 AUS is a *very* reasonable price for the box set, and hardly makes
the person behind the counter a "prick". Now, if it was just one of the
CDs from the set, or a boot of one of them, then yes it is a bit of a rip-off.
But not much more of a rip-off then every boot out there.

>        Can I get it overseas say from the UK?

   Yeah...for $150 US.

>        I have all the regular CDs what else should I get? (I have TKI, LH,
>        NfE, HoL, TD, TSW, TRS). What else can I get so that I don't fret
>        about her new album next year?

   Yeah...next year (cough! cough!)

>        Anyway, your thoughts?

   Buy whatever Kate rarities you can right now.  The price of Kate
stuff falls during the long period between albums, and rises preceeding
the release date.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb