Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What is 'Mystic Lady' and 'Woman's Work' CD?

From: p3030684@hardy.ocs.mq.edu.au (Amy Ho Ying LAI)
Date: 9 Dec 1996 06:31:00 GMT
Subject: What is 'Mystic Lady' and 'Woman's Work' CD?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

	I went to my local rental/second-hand CD joint and I went straight
	for the 'Bush, Kate' category of course.
	Some weird shit like the 'Red Socks' TKI and some Japanese disks.

	But I saw two weird CDs. One was called 'Mystic Lady' and looked
	like a bootleg except it had the 'Novercia' label. Seemed like
	a compilation. But it looked cheap. It only had a single colour
	slip, no lyrics booklet. Sorry don't want it.

	The second one was more interesting. It was called 'This Woman's
	Work' which I thought was a massively expensive box set.

	Anyway it contained some B-Sides and stuff I have never heard of.
	Some info perchance from the cognescenti? I wanted to get it
	but it was tatty (ripped booklet and slight CD scratches) and
	the prick behind the counter wanted AU$30 because it was
	'out of print'.

	Can I get it overseas say from the UK?

	I have all the regular CDs what else should I get? (I have TKI, LH,
	NfE, HoL, TD, TSW, TRS). What else can I get so that I don't fret
	about her new album next year?

	Anyway, your thoughts?

	Tony