Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comparing mangos and strawberries (was Re: Tori)

From: kws@teleport.com (Karel Wm. Sebek)
Date: 6 Dec 1996 05:37:37 GMT
Subject: Comparing mangos and strawberries (was Re: Tori)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.tori-amos
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Followups to rec.music.gaffa only.

BUSKDOD1@livjm.ac.uk wrote:
: I only really got into Tori in the first place because she was dubbed the
: "New Kate Bush", but now I've gone past the stage of liking her for this,
: and love her for herself, and not who the press say she's trying to imitate.

Kate is brilliant.  Tori is brilliant.  I love them both, enjoying thier
differences and similarities.  To compare one to the other is
unimaginative.

: And that's all I really wanted  to say, surely in the big music industry
: out there there's room for them both.

Of course there is.  There are more than enough people who love thier
work and starve for more to support them fully.

: BTW- we've heard Tori's comments on Kate, I wonder what Kate would have to
: say about Tori?

Hmm, I missed Tori's comments.  Would you be so kind as to email them to
me?

: Kevin ;-)

Karel
--
kws@teleport.com   Karel William Sebek   http://www.teleport.com/~kws/
  Windows 95:  Like television, but without that pesky reliability.