Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the goddess

From: "Michael R Clrak" <StCloud@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 5 Dec 1996 07:35:34 GMT
Subject: Re: the goddess
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>      >                                                               ...I
saw a picture of
>      the last supper a while ago. In my minds eye I replaced Christ with
>      Kate. Around her I substituted the (male) apostles with female
artists
>      I relate to (Tori, Jane Siberry, Jane Birkin amongst others) - you
>      know what, the new image invoked a greater feeling of spiritual
peace
>      than the other one was probably intended to do - I wonder who Judas
>      would be (how bout Kylie Minogue ........arrrrgggghhhh).
>    Rhys

My vote for Judas would be Yoko Ono (but might be because I've no idea who
Kylie Minogue is.  Interesting line of thought though

Jennifer StCloud

BTW, I don't buy the Godess line, because I can't imagine Kate thinking
it's appropriate (I heard somewhere that her religion would best be
described as Cause and Effect--so she might be a prophetess.  I wonder how
tthat's going to sit with everone :-)))

"A church floats by, washed in the blood of the lamb"--Laurie Anderson
"This cloud says 'Noah, come on build me an ark'"--Kate