Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate fans and Tori ....

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 21:59:05 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Kate fans and Tori ....
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi all,

It seems obvious to me that a lot of Kate fans are drawn towards
Tori's music , and I think vice-versa .
It's just human nature that Kate fans give out about Tori .....but
she doesn't really take over Kate's place in the grand scheme of
"rock". It's absolutely true to say that Tori earns herself more
exposure than Kate , so why is anyone surprised that she's so
popular ?

Basically,although not a Tori fan, I feel there's room for both of them.
I certainly respect Tori fans right to idolise her as much as I look
up to Kate .Most ill feeling toward Tori from Kate fans is probably derived
from;
(1) An opinion that Kate is much better ....and Tori copies her
style.
(2) An understandably human longing that Kate was pursuing the same
media exposure as Ms. Amos.
(3)A fear that Kate will be seen as "old news" when compared to Tori.

Threads about Kate vs. Tori can be very boring and silly , and I
think hurtful to people who like both .
Kates music carries with it a very different message ......

Aaaargghhh ! And there I go adding to the "debate" .

Oh well !

Sean :-)