Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 10:24 +1200
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

     Laurie Ratcliff wrote:

     > I really don't understand why some of you dislike Tori so much. I
     > can understand why you don't like her music, but i really really
     > don't know why so many Kate fans feel a need to take her apart.

     I personally like Tori's music a lot. However, although she uses a
     wide vocal range and puts lots of 'anguish' into her deliveries I
     often feel she doesn't come across as 'sincere' as she would like to.
     IMHO this causes the 'emotion' component to be lost. I think a lot of
     Kate fans are Kate fans because they can relate to the Goddess's
     deliveries from the heart so can't quite make the connection with
     Tori. Jane Siberry is also good at wringing out a few heart strings.
     So, in the end perhaps people can be forgiven for treating Tori as the
     sorcerers apprentice.

     Rhys
     (I just know Graham will hate me for that)