Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lisa Germano on Kate .....

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 15:50:20 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Lisa Germano on Kate .....
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi all,

This indie singer (?) was interviewed in the November issue of
Alternative Nation about her influences and she went on about Kate
having been an influence ( I browsed through the magazine in a record
shop here in Dublin ...so can't quote her ...sorry )

What is the name of the band she is in ?
Did I get the name of the magazine right ?Has anyone else seen it ?

It's an unusual response to Kates' music because she says in the
interview that in the late seventies she couldn't stand Kate and that
she doesn't much care for her now but that the whole Hounds Of Love
period was a big influence , especially the way Kate bounced back ,
in full control of her career after The Dreaming (which although now
is seen as a classic of her career, back then was her "She's not
commercial anymore album"(Kate-Q Magazine ).

Anyway just wondering who Lisa Germano is ....

Sean :-)