Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Brazil ST

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996 20:36:55 -0800
Subject: Re: Brazil ST
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

John Casey Sherrell wrote:

> Hello!  I saw this soundtrack in the stores today.  I was wondering should
> I buy it?  Is it very rare?  I'm not sure I want to buy it for the one
> Kate track otherwise.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> J.C.

And the answer is...YES!

I don't know if it's rare or not...I think it's still in print,
though I don't see it often (and I CD shop a lot!) But the point
is, there is a Kate song you don't have...and it's now available
to you...so what again was the question?

Okay, seriously, the song Brazil is a lovely standard -- far
more tuneful and moving IMHO than The Man I Love. There are a
few versions of it on the soundtrack -- and unfortunately Kate's
was not actually in the otherwise brilliant film. Also
unfortunately, the production of Kate's version could have been
a tad better...her voice level is a bit low. I can't remember
who produced it, but I don't think it was Her Kateness.

Robb