Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lily and compressors

From: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 21:57:02 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Lily and compressors
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Yep, Mr. Rees is most certainly correct.  This brings up an interesting
idea somewhat related to the Dreaming Plug:

If someone were to pump Kate's CD's through a compressor, some soft,
difficult to discern, constantly debated snippets of Kate-logic might
come leaping out at us begging for our attention!  I hadn't realized this
until the original poster mentioned that Lily's spoken part was much
louder.  Of course it would be - that's what compression does.  Most
people don't have access to compressors, so this probably hasn't been
tried before.  Might be worth a shot just to see what kind of difference
it makes, if any.

JW