Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate....STARKERS?!?!?!

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 21:31:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate....STARKERS?!?!?!
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Tom Tuerff wrote:

>Here's the facts. A Canadian Magazine similar to Playboy ran a photo
>spread of a model who happened to resemble (slightly, through fuzzy
>lenses) Kate Bush. The photo spread was called "Kate?" as in, you be the
>judge as to who this is. I forget the name of the model, but her name has
>come up in here before.
>
>A few years later, Kate was asked about it--she said she'd heard about it,
>never seen it, and then got very offended when a reporter asked her if
>she'd ever consider doing something like that.

Actually, it was worse -- the reporter was asking if it was actually her
and why she, Kate, had posed for those pictures.  This was in Musician
magazine, February 1990.  Kate was offended.  I would have slugged him.

>It's NOT Kate Bush. I've seen the pix (they ended up on the cover of a
>Kate Bootleg in the '80s) and she looks no more like Kate Bush than I do.

I've seen those pictures too, on the cover of that bootleg.  Um, Tom...if
you look as much like Kate Bush as that model does, a number of people in
this group will probably want to ask you out on a date.  :-)

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/