Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate....STARKERS?!?!?!

From: ttuerff@primenet.com (Tom Tuerff)
Date: 31 Oct 1996 16:11:06 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate....STARKERS?!?!?!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <26ABD5166BA@SIMCL.STJOHNS.EDU>, NHAR3405@SIMCL.STJOHNS.EDU
(Natalie) wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I had a bit of a nasty tiff with a friend of mine who _insisted_ that
> KB posed for Playboy in the late 1970's.  I say he's mistaken..am I
> right???
>
> yours,
> Natalie

This is one of the oldest pieces of Kate-related BS in the book.

Here's the facts. A Canadian Magazine similar to Playboy ran a photo
spread of a model who happened to resemble (slightly, through fuzzy
lenses) Kate Bush. The photo spread was called "Kate?" as in, you be the
judge as to who this is. I forget the name of the model, but her name has
come up in here before.

A few years later, Kate was asked about it--she said she'd heard about it,
never seen it, and then got very offended when a reporter asked her if
she'd ever consider doing something like that.

It's NOT Kate Bush. I've seen the pix (they ended up on the cover of a
Kate Bootleg in the '80s) and she looks no more like Kate Bush than I do.

TT

P.S. American Playboy wouldn't have run a photo spread of Kate Bush, since
she's never been that big here and nobody cares. Let's face it, to the
American Public, Madonna she ain't.