Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

emily b. plus misc. ravings

From: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 17:07:30 -0700 (MST)
Subject: emily b. plus misc. ravings
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
A1-type: MAIL
Alternate-recipient: prohibited
Sender: owner-love-hounds
UA-content-id: A2004ZWOAORFTY

Finally caught up with messages from the last 2 weeks...and
OK, Meth, OK!  I sent my $12 for "Moon in Grenadine" by Emily Bezar,
NOT because I do everything you tell me (I for one, LIKE KaTe's
cover of Lord of the Reedy River quite a lot :)).  But I do visit
Meth's website now and then to get new musical ideas...thanks M!
I was keeping an eye out for EB last week in shops, but of course
didn't find it--NOT AVAILABLE IN SHOPS ANYWHERE I suppose...

I'd like to point out that Meth's ravings about Susan McKeown and
the Chanting House "Bones" were right on target--one of my favorite
CDs, so when she started raving about EB, well, she could be right
again. For a different take on Mna na hEireann, much jazzier than
KaTe's version, check this out.

For those looking for The Singles File video, it's still listed
at http://www.cdnow.com but it's cheaper in Canada, and seemed
to be quite available there at places like HMV when I was haunting
such sites last week.

Those looking for the Cathy Demos--I saw the Blue Moon version for
about US $28 at Off the Record in Royal Oak Mich.  The website
I posted before should locate it for y'all--it's http://www/
eclecticmusic.com/otr or you can e-mail them at otr@eclecticmusic.com.
Happy shopping!
Kelley