Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Very Old Irish news !!

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:56:03 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Very Old Irish news !!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello all ,
I dug this up for Homeground recently and know some of you would like
to hear it , a lot of people don't realise that the Red Shoes got a
huge positive response in Ireland  especially in the influential and
major  music paper Hot Press :

In Hot Press there were two categories of readers' poll results at the end of
1993, Irish and International .Kate was included in the International
poll as follows:    No. 2 Best Female Singer .(after Bjork)
                             No. 1 Best Musician
                             No. 1 Album of the year .
                             No. 1 Best Sleeve
                             No. 4 Top polling act .

and in the critics poll she was No. 2 best album of the year after
Aimee Mann !!!This was voted on by a pool of Irelands top rock
writers and critics .

Quite an excellent performance !!!
There was a colour photo with the caption "Kate: can she do no wrong ?"

Also the album was listed for many weeks as highly recommended in the
rock pages of the RTE Guide our biggest selling magazine ...

Sean :-)