Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Donal Lunnys TV Show

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:33:07 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Donal Lunnys TV Show
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi all ,

Halloween night marks the opening of a brand new TV channel in
Ireland,(that makes three !) .It is called Teilifis na Gaeilge (or
TnaG)and will be entirely in the Irish language .One of the most
hyped shows will be presented by Donal Lunny and will be a music
programme called Sult (spirit of Irish music). Most of you will know
that Donal is a very well known Irish musician and producer who has
worked a fair bit with Kate over the years , most recently producing
the Common Ground album.

Featured guests will include a lot of his Common Ground pals ...Elvis
Costello, Christy Moore  etc ...and Mary Black will also be in one of
the programmes . I know it's unlikely but I'm keeping an eye out for
any Kate appearances ..you never know perhaps they might show the
enhanced CD segment she's supposed to have done ?It is in Irish after
all .....still looking forward to the show in any case !

There is a huge controversy as to whether or not we actually need to
spend tax-payers millions on TnaG but I'm all for it .....it will
help me to improve my spoken Irish and Scotland and Wales have had
their versions of this type of channel for years now .

Nice to know Kate's plowing ahead on new material at the moment ....

Sean :-)
p.s. This is my first time on-line since recovering from an operation
 and I'm glad I don't have stitches in any more since I can't believe
how funny it is that my Skippy The Bush Kangaroo comment has caused a
monster !I could cause another one by mentioning that I'm sure Kate
fans would love the Australian movie Picnic At Hanging Rock ...It's
been my favourite movie for years .....skip skip over and out !