Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A belated review !!

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 12:12:50 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: A belated review !!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi all,
This is for those compiling the Reaching Out section of
Gaffaweb.....I've been sending in bits and pieces to Homeground.

This is a nice review of The Red Shoes from TOP November 1993 ,
the Tower records instore magazine .....

" The nation's most treasured wood nymph is back with Kate Bush's
latest cooings on Red Shoes (sic) (EMI). You can't help but like Kate
; she's shy, but does what she wants, heart in the countryside, head
in the clouds. Red Shoes doesn't disappoint. Starting off with the
unusually brassy 'Rubberband Man'(sic), we're taken through Kate's
innermost musings on love and the universe .The sad love, 'And So Is
Love?(sic)' with Clapton, the lost love ,'You're The One',with Jeff
Beck  , confused love ,'Why Should I Love You' , with Prince and a
gospel-singing Lenny Henry. Then there's 'Moments Of Pleasure', piano
tinkling manically, violins sweeping emotionally .'Eat The Music' is
a marvellous diet of sex, fruit and world music, as she squeals "
Grab a banana and a sultana/ Rip them to pieces with sticky
fingers".Truly Kate Bush."

Sean :-)