Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Sensual World (pic) + EXP IV pic

From: Julian Shaw <julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 19:24:42 +0100
Subject: The Sensual World (pic) + EXP IV pic
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncren.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <326A413D.3A73@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>, Robb McCaffree
<nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu> writes
>> The picture is black and white. As you look at it Kate would be looking
>> to your right. She has her mouth slightly open and her expression is
>> really difficult to describe.
>
>(snip)
>
>This is my FAVORITE (yes, I'm screaming for emphasis) Kate
>picture. The one from the same series, in which she is holding a
>peach, is a close second. Julian, this pic is on the jewel box
>covers (the 'slipsheets' inside) of the singles, "Aspects of The
>Sensual World" (actually a 5-song EP) and "The Sensual World."
>I've also seen it screened (though not well) on a t-shirt, and
>I'm pretty sure there was a poster.

A *POSTER*?! Gimme, gimme, gimme.....

>I know it's somewhere on the internet, too, as I saw it scanned larger
>than life (this was before the debut of the fantabulous Gaffaweb).

Well done, Robb! Thanks for the info. (BTW, it's my favourite too,
although the one from Experiment IV (see below) runs it a *very* close
second. I haven't seen the one with the peach - where can I find it?)

Anybody out there got the jewel box covers mentioned above, and access
to a scanner? If so, could you scan it in and share this superb picture
with the rest of us? (But please *DON'T* post the image to the group!!!)
I imagine Gaffaweb would not object to putting it in the image
library(?).

Or, does anyone know where on the Internet to find it?

Speaking of gorgeous pictures of Kate, another one springs to mind which
might not be available (correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know for
sure). That is the stunning soft focus shot on the cover of the 12" UK
version of Experiment IV. It's full colour, takes up the entire cover,
and is a head and shoulders shot, with Kate looking directly at the
camera, expressionless. She looks serene, sensual, and exquisitely
beautiful. If the image cannot be found anywhere else, and anyone wants
it, I can _try_ and get it scanned in (it's bigger than A4 size) and
make it available. (Gaffaweb seems the obvious place again, if that is
OK with them?) Believe me, if you haven't seen it before, it is one of
the best pictures of Kate you will ever see!

BTW, the song title and her name are conveniently located in the top
corners of the picture so these could be omitted from the scan if
desired.

If it *is* already available, then fair enough (and please tell where to
find it). I just had to mention it anyway! :-)

Julian