Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Sensual World

From: Julian Shaw <julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 09:49:18 +0100
Subject: The Sensual World
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <3269BAF9.31C@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>, Robb McCaffree
<nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu> writes

[snip]

>> P.S. Another reason for buying "The Sensual World" is the picture of
>>Kate on the CD (the disc itself). Beauty personified.
>
>Which picture and which CD is this? I have a Japanese import
>which just lists the songs and has no pic of Kate.   :-(

The CD is the UK release, catalogue number C2 93078.

The picture is black and white. As you look at it Kate would be looking
to your right. She has her mouth slightly open and her expression is
really difficult to describe. It isn't 'expressionless', but she isn't
'pulling a face' either. There seems to be a question in her eyes, but
that could just be my interpretation. Her hair slightly covers half of
her left eye. She has both hands just below chin height, one underneath
propping up the other. From the top one, which is palm upward, there
appears to be sand (or something similar) falling through her fingers.
Really, this is one of the most beautiful pictures of her that I have
seen.

If anyone has a copy of this picture or knows where to get it I would be
*really* interested. Perhaps Gaffaweb can track it down and scan it in
for everyone's benefit? :-)

Julian