Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "And So Is Love"

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 01:18:37 -0700
Subject: Re: "And So Is Love"
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

VERONICA WOOD wrote:
> I am a new subscriber, but of course I have been a huge Kate Bush fan
> for years and years.

Welcome to gaffaland, Veronica!

>..This post is really for RAB who doesn't see the
> significance of "And So Is Love" in TLTCTC.  Don't you see the bird that
> dies during that song later in the movie in her hair?  That is highly
> symbolic.
> Try and watch for other symbolic gestures--they are there!

I've never noticed that...cool. Just curious, what do you think
it means to wear a dead bird in your hair?  :-)

> On another note, I love hearing about other Kate Bush fanatics--in my
> area I have never met one!

Where do you live?

Again, welcome to the group -- and not to nitpick, but if you
would delete other people's posts from your post, it would be
much appreciated. Otherwise, those who receive rmg in digest
form (as I think you do) have to wade through twenty posts
they've already read to get to yours.

Robb