Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work III & Live

From: dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: 15 Oct 1996 19:13:39 GMT
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work III & Live
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Kathleen Ostridge (birdie@netcom.com) wrote:
: Kathleen Ostridge (birdie@netcom.com) wrote:

: : I just picked up two  - for promotion only - copies of:

: : "This Woman's Work III" and "This Woman's Work Live"

: : They haven't got catalog numbers on them and seem to be put out by GEMA,
: : and have no dates.

: Ah....these are *bootlegs*, but the quality is surprisingly good.

Direct transfers from CD are usually very good.

: : On a label called Neutral Zone, which appears to be French, but the disc
: : was made in Korea. Cat number NZCD 89010.

: This must also be a boot.

Yes, and a very old one at that. I ahve had my copy for more than 5 years.
The Hammersmith recording is taken from the Laserdisc so it is very good
and clear.  The other tracks are also taken from CD sources so no
horrible hiss or clicks.

Derek
Derek H. Langsford                               dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu
Dept. of Biology                                 Tel. (619) 594 2885
San Diego State University