Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work III & Live

From: "Larry J. Hernandez" <alundra@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 16:09:11 -0700
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work III & Live
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

birdie@netcom.com (Kathleen Ostridge) wrote:

> : I just picked up two  - for promotion only - copies of:

> : "This Woman's Work III" and "This Woman's Work Live"

This was a wise move on your part, birdie.  Them rare Kate boots
make for interesting Katemas showpieces and soemtimes even
door prizes (if you're lucky or happen to impress IED).  Just
kidding-please don't start kissing up to IED. =)

> : They haven't got catalog numbers on them and seem to
> be put out by GEMA, and have no dates.

> Ah....these are *bootlegs*, but the quality is surprisingly good.

Those are two of the best Kate boots out there that are slowly
becoming very hard-to-find.

> : On a label called Neutral Zone, which appears to be French, but the disc
> : was made in Korea. Cat number NZCD 89010.

> This must also be a boot.

> Cheers,

> Birdie

The Neutral Zone people seemed to be fans, and they were on the ball.
They released "This Woman's Work" from the movie soundtrack, in, as
you so noted, very high quality for a boot, before Kate's record company
had a chance to release the song.

If only someone would dig up and release the entire song from the movie
soundtrack (assuming it was done as a whole song, which the snippets
appear to suggest to me) of Magician of Lublin (sp?).  Ah, now *that*
would drive this old Katehead back into aKTive investigative pursuits.
:)

Larry (alundra@flash.net)