Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Billboards and Learning Painful Lessons

From: SHANDRALYN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 14:15:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Billboards and Learning Painful Lessons
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

<< And somehow, in the face of the fact that
 it has been more than twenty years since she last performed in the U.S.,
 it falls to me to accept the fact that she may never tour, and that I must
 reconcile myself to the idea that the studio recordings are the closest
 contact any of us Yanks might have with our beloved singer. >>

You mean she actually has performed in the US? I've never heard about it...
of course, if it was 20 years ago, I was too young to attend, but still...
Wow.  I just never thought she made it over here at all.

Ya learn something new everyday... that's why I joined this list!

:)
-Shandra

PS to second the notion, some Americans would do almost anything if Kate
would tour over here...