Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Billboards and Learning Painful Lessons

From: aawebster@aol.com (AAWebster)
Date: 15 Oct 1996 01:57:57 -0400
Subject: Billboards and Learning Painful Lessons
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Well, it's been brought to my attention that the billboard scheme is
really not the most realistic or inspired scheme to awaken KT to the idea
that it is time for her to tour. And somehow, in the face of the fact that
it has been more than twenty years since she last performed in the U.S.,
it falls to me to accept the fact that she may never tour, and that I must
reconcile myself to the idea that the studio recordings are the closest
contact any of us Yanks might have with our beloved singer. Very well. I
only hope that she knows that though huge arenas might not be packed to
see her, those that would turn up would be *passionately* up for the
event. I keep thinking of that quote, attributed to her, that we Americans
"don't want me over there." Kate, I hope you're listening--we in America
want you to tour. Okay, I'm done. Back to the recordings. Hope you're
listening. Cheers, all. --A.