Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hammer Horror (Re: THE RED SHOES and a question

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 00:24:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Hammer Horror (Re: THE RED SHOES and a question
To: billings@uhavax.hartford.edu
Beware: of Scientology and Dianetics
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 billings@uhavax.hartford.edu wrote:

> On another note, could someone give me an insight into the meaning of "Hammer
> Horror."  Has Kate spoken of her intentions with the lyrics.

Two men, best friends, both actors. One is the lead in a
stage production of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and the
other is the first one's understudy. The lead actor dies.
Tragic for him, but an unexpected career boost for the
understudy, who then gets unfairly haunted by the angry
and unhappily dead actor.

Kate specifically said it was *not* about Hammer films,
though I still suspect Hammer horror films were an
inspiration. Why else have *that* title?

Vickie