Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Night of the Swallow

From: Jon Haverman <haves@en.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 17:19:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Night of the Swallow
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>From: richard68@globalxs.nl (.)
>Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 17:31:45 GMT
>Subject: Night of the Swallow
>Hi everybody,
>I've been to a record-fair last week and what I noticed (again!) is that you
>can buy almost any single except for...the Irish 'Night of the Swallow'
>single! Is this single *that* rare? Are there some of you who have this? I
>haven't even seen this. Never ever. And I have a fairly big collection of
>records and cd's. I keep wondering about how it would sound. I assume it
>starts without 'The Dreaming' mixed into it? Could some of you (maybe in
>Ireland? Sean?) let us know?
>Thanks,
>Richard
My favorite Kate 7" single. Not the song, but one of the reasons to be
a Kate fan. Trying to find the Kate items which you want in your collection.
This is an Irish release by EMI, thus the "I" in the catalog number IEMI 9001.
The first printings have IEMI 9001-A in the run off. Living in Dublin for
part of
my young upbringing, finding this single was tough. But, its one of my favorite
Kate pictures. I was in Dublin this summer, and just because this is an Irish
release does not make it any easier finding it there. Richard, I may be able
to direct you to a place which has this release, but they were asking
75 UK pounds sterling for it earlier in the year.

Jon