Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Night of the Swallow

From: Douglas Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 17:21:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Night of the Swallow
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Cc: richard68@globalxs.nl
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> From: richard68@globalxs.nl (.)
> Subject: Night of the Swallow

> I've been to a record-fair last week and what I noticed (again!) is
> that you can buy almost any single except for...the Irish 'Night of
> the Swallow' single! Is this single *that* rare? Are there some of
> you who have this?

I have two copies of it.  One of them I got autographed by Kate when
she was at Tower Records in NY a few years back.  They were not easy
to find, even when I found them, which was ten years ago.  One of them
I bought for the going rate of $25.  The other one, I chanced upon in
a used record store for $6 or $7.  I was excstatic at the time to make
such a find.  Musically, I can't think of any particular reason to own
the thing, but it makes a nice conversation piece.

|>oug

P.S. GaffaWeb is incredible!  Thanks to all involved!!!