Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions???

From: punki@ins.at (Punki)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 20:26:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Questions???
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

 jOHN Light wrote:

>Another question...I have TWS on CDi and I was wondering if anyone can tell
>me what I need to get this to play on my MAC.  Software....Hardware...etc.
>

>Oh yeah...I'm still waiting to hear from/about the person who has created
>full length music from the Fruitopia commercials.

Hi,

If you have really got TWS on CDi you will have to get a MPEG Card for you
computer or a CDi Player, but if your copy is a "Video CD" you have the
posobility to get the XING MPEG Driver from Xing Technology Corporation.
This Driver is able to play any .MPG or .DAT file from a MCI device (like a
CD rom), but you have to have a 80486 or pentium and a quart-speed CD rom
and a fast VGA-card to see it as a movie and not like a slide show.

Unfortunately I dont know if there is a MAC version of this Driver.

punki

PS.: Ask the producer of you VGA card for this driver (sometimes you need a
special DCI-Driver for your card).

PPS.: If you have problem getting the Driver mail me!