Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:29:50 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: The Sensual World
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Julian Shaw wrote :

> So, all Time said was "Press Delete", eh? I didn't know about that
> before, but I'm glad I do now - it will ensure that I never buy their
> cruddy magazine in the future. How can a magazine with an international
> reputation to maintain condone such unprofessional journalism? And to
> think that they actually *PAID* the asshole who wrote it! I think even
> an amoeba could come up with something better than "Press delete".
>
> Come on, what is it that people don't like about this album? The
> negativity towards it sounds to me suspiciously like musical snobbery by
> those people who think that after "The Dreaming" and "Hounds Of Love"
> anything she releases that isn't 'experimental' or 'daring' or
> 'conceptual' is worthless.

Speaking as a HUGE admirer of Kates' sixth album, I wonder if anyone
else agrees that the pleasures of The Sensual World are best felt at
this time of the year as we approach Autumn . The Sensual World,
Never Be Mine, This Womans Work, The Fog, Deeper Understanding and
Reaching Out are all KATE CLASSICS (IMHO) , I wasn't expecting Hounds
Of Love Part 2 back in 1989, and Kate delivered something altogether
different but equally absorbing .... that's what she's always done ,
and will continue to do . It's what makes her great .

Sean :-)