Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #317

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 96 00:29 CDT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #317
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

   A lot of people might have missed this very interesting post,
as it was buried at the end of a quote of a whole digest.

   Careful with that reply, Eugene.

Phillip Holbrook writes:

>I thought I would like to add my little bit. I have been a Kate Fan
>since the Eric Idle Saturday night live show. I just couldn't believe
>her eyes on WOW, and Them Heavy people with the trench coat. I went out
>the very next morning to the local record store and, to my surprise they
>had both Never for Ever and The Kick inside, which I bought on sight.

   Same experience here, except that they only had _The Kick Inside_.

>Over the years I just bought everything that she put out, which is most,
>but not quite all of which has been readily available.
>In the early 1980's there was a fan club

   Actually, a one man fan club.

>in this area, Manitoba Canada
>headed up by a farmer from Hartney, Manitoba (a tiny town).I have long
>forgotten his name,

   Dale Sommerville.

>but he put ads in the local Winnipeg newspaper at
>his own expense, trying to promote her music locally. Eventually, we had
>a two day Kate Bush convention here in Winnipeg( population about
>700,000) in 1985 called BUSH CON.

   ...plus 6,000,000 mosquitos.

>My wife and I, along with quite a few
>hundred others went, and it was great. They kept on running Videos,
>music, gave away excellent posters, photo buttons etc, and there was a
>great visibility of her music etc, etc. around town for a few weeks.

   Vickie and I were there. I was the one playing the videos, and
the convention was actually Vickie's idea (we knew Dale before
Breakthrough.) Did we meet?

>She, unfortunately didn't come to the convention.

   She did, however send a tape with a little "thank you all for
coming" speech.

   Hopefully you can visit Gaffaweb at:

http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/

--