Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #317

From: Phillip Holbrook <philliph@icenter.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 22:10:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #317
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

owner-love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com wrote:

> Love-Hounds digest        Tuesday, 8 October 1996      Volume 12 : Number 317
>
> In this issue:
> more (non binary!!) KT influenced Lyrics
> Jane Siberry
> Re: wuthering heights and other thoughts
> LIONHEART
> Q: Canadian TKI CD
> Re: Lily in the Mirror
> Re: Suspended in gaffa
> Re: Lily in the Mirror
> Delius Society and Kate
> Hi! (and some responses)

> From: Andrzej Markiewicz <daisyhed@adelaide.DIALix.oz.au>
> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:47:45 +0930 (CST)
> Subject: more (non binary!!) KT influenced Lyrics
>
> THE WINDOW BRIGHT LIKE SKY
>
> Look! and I saw through the window bright like sky
> black lace reveries washed down by the autumn rains
> the river's hair is green and flowing free across the hills and through
> the valley
> down to its mother sea where pastel wings skate like dragonflies above
> the grey-green sunlit sea
> where white horses run in splashing lace through the window bright like sky
>
> Look! and I saw through the window bright like sky where Lilac lay her
> head on the window pane
> wrapped in her coloured counterpane, a window to many skies all within
> the spaces of her room,
> the place where all places exist
> in her many-mirrored dreams
> the chocolate steams
> feathering the view
> casting rainbows on her lashes,
> a dusky night scented stock to brew invented memories
> the crystal dew on Ophelia's flowers clasped in her fingers combing the
> black lace stream,
> the dark vein of the emerald hills
> that washes down
> to the clear salt sea,
> astringent and fresh, that bleaches everything clean,
> that strips all thought to bare white driftwood bones,
> an empty shell
> cast aside
> waiting for the champagne waves to lift it up and fill it and
> pull it back into themselves
> ...to flow underneath the tides, dragged down into stillness and light you
> could drink,
> sweet from the surface of the silver sea
> in the utter east
> opening
> like a window
> bright like sky
>
> (c) Unjay 1991
>
> Q:What's poetry?
> A:Prose that doesn't make sense anymore.
>
> Hope you enjoy this, Love Hounds! For info on the recorded version, visit
> http://www.ausguide.com.au/daisy.htm
>
> all the best,
> Unjay
>
> ------------------------------
>
> From: meredith <meth@smoe.org>
> Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 22:40:41 -0400
> Subject: Jane Siberry
>
> Hi!
>
> Stuart responded:
>
> >>  SO, who is Jane?  Thank you all a lot,

> [...]
I thought I would like to add my little bit. I have been a Kate Fan
since the Eric Idle Saturday night live show. I just couldn't believe
her eyes on WOW, and Them Heavy people with the trench coat. I went out
the very next morning to the local record store and, to my surprise they
had both Never for Ever and The Kick inside, which I bought on sight.
Over the years I just bought everything that she put out, which is most,
but not quite all of which has been readily available.
In the early 1980's there was a fan club in this area, Manitoba Canada
headed up by a farmer from Hartney, Manitoba (a tiny town).I have long
forgotten his name, but he put ads in the local Winnipeg newspaper at
his own expense, trying to promote her music locally. Eventually, we had
a two day Kate Bush convention here in Winnipeg( population about
700,000) in 1985 called BUSH CON. My wife and I, along with quite a few
hundred others went, and it was great. They kept on running Videos,
music, gave away excellent posters, photo buttons etc, and there was a
great visibility of her music etc, etc. around town for a few weeks.
She, unfortunately didn't come to the convention.
 To answer Rolf Puekert's Question, The Canadian record, The Kick
Inside, which I have owned since the morning after Saturday night live
has her holding her hair back, wearing two rings on her right hand on
the front cover. (Is that the vogue photo?) The back cover has a sunset
scene, predominantly blue and gold, with the lyrics, super imposed.
If she weighs 16 stone then ducks must weigh 16 stone, as they can both
float on water. Therefore,they must both be made out of wood.
One last note. The frequent references to Tori Amos confused me for some
time. I couldnt for the life of me figure out why one would compare Kate
to Tori, until I realized that I was confusing Tori Amos with Tori
Spelling.  --Kindest regards to you all -Phillip Holbrook.