Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

random thoughts again

From: billings@uhavax.hartford.edu
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 17:13:23 EDT
Subject: random thoughts again
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Well, I am posting again, mainly because I get such thoughtful, intelligent
that you people threw my way were very interesting.  Last night, I went to
an on-campus poetry reading and I read a poem by Anne Sexton and the lyrics
to "Symphony In Blue" by Kate.  "Symphony" was well received, although no one
had ever heard it (i wasn't surprised), and a mini-discussion on why she wrote
it was started, although it didn't amount to much.

Someone wrote about Tori acknowledging "Running Up That Hill" as one of the
greatest songs, and I am very pleased about that.  Speaking of "RUTH", I know
that it was a Top 40 (yuck) hit in America, but was it Kate's only one.  I
know that "Rubberband Girl" got a lot of airplay on stations back home back
when it was released; could someone tell me if it charted on the HOT 100 at
all.  As for THE RED SHOES, this seems to be another album that people aren't
totally thrilled by, but it is strong.  Like someone wrote before, Kate's
worst is better than most people's best!  But I hardly consider this to be
her worst.  "And So Is Love", "Moments of Pleasure", "Lily", and of course,
"Rubberband Girl" are just delightful.  I suppose I will try to pick up the
mini-film soon.  What are the six songs used in this film?  OK, I guess that's
all for now.  I am assuming it is okay for me to post as much as I do, because
people are responding to me.  I must go now, but have fun folks.

shane