Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Siberry

From: Debra & Peter Dick <debra@preston1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 17:08:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

meredith <meth@smoe.org> wrote in article
<1.5.4.16.19961008024041.2fdfde5e@mail.smoe.org>...
> Hi!
>
> Stuart responded:
>
> >>  SO, who is Jane?  Thank you all a lot,
> >
> >A lot of people on the list like Jane Siberry. No she doesn't have a
song
> >or album called Little Earthquakes. I haven't heard her, but I read
> >through some of her lyrics at http://archive.uwp.edu and I thought they
> >were good. She comes very highly recommended and I've been meaning to
> >pick up one of her albums.
>
> Gack, Stuart, I'm disappointed in you!!!  All these years of watching
> various people gush about Jane, and you haven't even checked her out
once???  :)

> Jane Siberry is a Canadian singer, songwriter, storyteller, videomaker
etc.

<snip>

There are some days when (gasp) I prefer listening to Jane than Kate.
I have r.m.g to thank for introducing me to Jane (and Happy and Tori and
Aimee
and Sarah... but I digress) some years ago.

Jane is very definitely worth a listen. Her style varies tremendously from
album to album and depending on your taste one may be a better starting
point
another.

Now for something completely different. Has anyone heard of Jennifer Robin?
I have her album "Fish up a Tree" and it is wonderful, but I can't find out
if she's done anything else. Does anyone else know what she's up to?