Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry

From: spike45@sos.sos.net (wayne fisher)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:17:33 -0700
Subject: Jane Siberry
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Stu wrote:
>A lot of people on the list like Jane Siberry. No she doesn't have a song
>or album called Little Earthquakes. I haven't heard her, but I read
>through some of her lyrics at http://archive.uwp.edu and I thought they
>were good. She comes very highly recommended and I've been meaning to
>pick up one of her albums.

Jane Siberry is wonderful and you should all at least give her a try. Three
of her albums are very close to Kate's in their level of creativity and
individuality, IMO. Her style is different than Kates but there are
similarities. The 3 albums are: "No Borders Here", "The Speckless Sky", and
"The Walking". She has a great voice and uses it in a very unique way in her
backing vocals too. Many beautiful touching songs (You don't Need, The Taxi
Ride). All 3 of these albums are very well produced and ,as with Kate's, you
will be hearing things years from now that you had never noticed before.

If you want to know more about Jane Siberry you can certainly email me.

I hope this gets through. Nothing I've posted HAS in the past month.

How about a duet with Kate and Jane? Or with Bret Anderson of Suede?

Bye for now.
Wayne