Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Billboard

From: gearnoise@news-e2c.gnn.com (Neal Mulvenna)
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 14:15:07
Subject: Re: Kate Billboard
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Well, we can sorta blame Len Bullard for this idea, although I
guess I was the one to pull it out of all the other bull lard. What
we need is for someone who lives in Kate's area of England to call
up a couple billboard companies and find out how much it would
cost, then maybe the discussion could get more serious.  In the
States, a good chunk of the cost is based on the length of time the
advertisement is up, so I'd say a month (is that metric?) would be
about right. A simple text message would be effective and a lot
cheaper than any pictorial.

PS, I'd love to visit England myself someday, but when one of my
nieces went there last year, she was practically strip searched and
detained for hours by Customs folks on her two entries.  Seems a
(very!) far-removed relative did something nasty in/for the IRA a
few years back....