Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Q: backstage pass

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 96 18:47 CDT
Subject: Re: Q: backstage pass
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Rolf Peukert writes:

>Hi long-term Katefans,

>what did the backstage passes of the Tour of Life look like?

>no, let me rephrase that, what is this:
>
>a badge of roughly 6*10 cm, with a colour photo of Kate (looks more like
>Dreaming-era to me) and in the lower third the writing "KATE BUSH" and "VIP"
>in white letters on red background. It's laminated in clear plastic and has
>some kind of ray pattern on the back side.

   I'm sorry to say that this is a rip-off. The photo is indeed several
years older than the tour.

>Is it a Tour Of Life backstage pass, from some other event or just a
>free-form fake? (which would mean I spent almost $20 on a laminated Kate photo)

   Sorry...genuine passes (some were auctioned off at the last convention
including Del's one signed by everyone in the band) featured the Lion
and Heart insignia.

--
Chris Williams of
Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago