Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Fans

From: ttuerff@primenet.com (Tom Tuerff)
Date: 1 Oct 1996 13:06:03 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate and Fans
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <52ptss$b49@samba.rahul.net>, Roy Sette <kl7@rahul.net> wrote:

> Does Kate Bush have any feelings for her fans?  Given her irregular
> public performances, I'd have to say that she finds her fans to be
> a frightening bunch.  You people speak of her as would a cadre of devil
> worshipers.  No wonder she hides out.
>
> After all, is Kate herself obsessed with any performer?  Just a hunch, but
> I bet she thinks you people all have profound emotional disorders.
>
> Clue: This is a troll upon newgroup, rec.music.gaffe (note the 'e')
> -- replies deleted upon impact.

Over in the AOL kate folder, some time ago, a person wrote about her
personal experience in corresponding with Kate Bush. Without going into
the whole story, she read something where someone with no knowledge of
Kate's behavior patterns made some presumptuous statements about her. This
person on AOL sent the article to Kate with a letter saying how mad she
was that this person would even deem to say such things, and she received
back a very nice letter (which she posted in its entirety) from KB. It was
more than the perfunctory "thanks for writing," so I think she really does
care for her fans.

But face it, bunky, NOBODY famous answers all their mail or gets chummy
with all their fans. I've seen pictures in Q of Kate in pubs downing a
brew with her mates, so I think people give her her space. She is known to
go out regularly, so I don't think that she fears there's a stalker
waiting to play out some sick scene.

Does Kate Bush have any feelings for her fans? Sure. Probably more than,
say, Paul McCartney, who really comes off as a twit around fans.

Just my 2 cents. With interest.

TT