Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 1978 Kate Video Footage

From: "Larry J. Hernandez" <alundra@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 14:41:09 -0700
Subject: Re: 1978 Kate Video Footage
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz on Mon, 30 Sep 1996 wrote:

>>>    Greetings Hounds

     Kate visited New Zealand in 1978 on a promotional tour. As part of
the
    trip she was interviewed for a TV show and sang Hammer Horror on
    another show. TVNZ has 7.5 minutes of interview footage and 1.5
    minutes of Hammer Horror which can be made available. Unfortunately,
    they want money. For me to obtain my own copy they want lots
(although
    for Kate footage how much is too much?). <<<

Well I, for one, have reached my particular limit on how much I'd pay
for such an old piece of film of Kate.  5 minutes of Kate probably
saying
the same thing we've all heard 23 times during that timeframe is not
worth
it to me.  But is that snippet live, ay? :)

>>>  I've suggested that a few
     enthusiasts might like their own copies of the footage. If six
people
     are interested (including me) I can obtain copies for around $NZ80
     each (approx $US 55, GBP 32). I don't make anything out of this - I
     will be just happy to split the costs. It is likely to be even
cheaper
     if more people interested. <<<

God, I feel so old sometimes. :) I used to have such a enthusiasm for
*anything* even remotely Kate-related.  But, I think you're asking for
trouble doing this.

    >>> To be legal, TVNZ will require names and addresses of all
'owners' of
     the footage and I will need to obtain clearances for each person
from
     a seperate company that owns the rights.<<<

If all this really is so, I hereby nominate you for True Katefan(tm)-
ship! :-)  Karen here will conduct the official ceremony.. ;)

 >>> These tapes are 'for personal viewing only'. This means that if I
was
     the sole purchaser of a copy I would not be able to make it
available
     to the LH collection. <<<

HA HA HA!  Good luck. You'd better not make it available to anyone, if
these so-called rights owners should hold you accountable.

>>>  If I did, and the powers found out, they would
     not like it and they would know who did it!). <<<

Fight the power!  Oops, wrong newsgroup... ;-)

 >>>    If anyone is seriously interested in obtaining a copy of this
footage
     please e-mail me before October 10. When I know numbers I'll come
back
     to you with the cost and we can take it from there.

     Cheers

     Rhys <<<

Rhys, while I admire your dediKaTion, I think you're starting something
that might come back to haunt you.  And this talk of putting up a
billboard
to remind Kate. Hey man, it's a waste! Call me a burned-out-from-waiting
old fuddy-duddy (god I can't believe I just called myself that), but
I think Kate would consider you mad for doing such a thing.

Congratulations. :)  Larry (alundra@flash.net)
  She really IS, you know, but she never will. Tour again, that is.