Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Musings from the Digest...

From: Ken Glasson <xtr36595301@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 11:09:16 -0700
Subject: Re: Musings from the Digest...
To: Chris Hansen at Work <chris@kiva.com>
CC: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Hansen at Work wrote:

> Ya know, with a little genetic manipulation you both could be producing pearls.
> But if you were both oysters, would len be masochistic for enjoying "... the
> pleasure of my own irritations."?

I think oysters are people too, but they must get real bored sitting around
making pearls. I bet if they had headphones and could listen to Kate, you'd
get them on the net complaining that you were discriminating against them.

> Then Ken wrote
>
>     So what if Kate doesn't want to tour. So, she changed the way she sings a
>     song. I'm lucky enough to be able to have seven of Kate's albums in my car,
>     and I listen to them almost every day, in order from the old to new.
>
> What I want to know is where you got a turntable that doesn't skip when you hit
> potholes.  Oh wait, does your car run?  If it doesn't run, you don't have to
> worry about skipping the needle across the vinyl.
>
> [Note to younger readers:  In ages past, artists distributed their recordings of
> audio material via pressed vinyl disks which had a set of encoded grooves.  The
> information on these grooves could be decoded by running a needle through the
> groove and then amplifying the signal.  Sorry about the archaic references.]

Actually I found this thing in the boot of my car one day with ten - like holes.
And I stuck a whole lot of round shiny things in it and the next time I tried to
listen to the weather when I was "Commuting", music came out of holes in my doors.

(I reckon Len is actually Kate, because who else would be trying to sell an old
toilet bowl from the back yard of her house).

Ken.

P.S. I think Vickie is trying to kill me by putting so many damn pictures in Wow
that I'm going to die while looking for Lord Lichfield's picture from "The Worlds
Most Beautiful Women", or whatever it was called. It's not that I really need it,
I just want to be able to print it so I can stick it on the ceiling of my bedroom.
If I can hide it up there that is....