Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #297

From: pdCampbell@goodyear.com (pDaleCampbell)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 17:54:09 GMT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #297
To: julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk, love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In Love-Hounds, julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk wrote:
> From: JS <julian@dragonfire.demon.co.uk>
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 18:57:17 +0100
> Subject: Anybody there (and is this group what I think)?
>
> Er... hello?
>
> I'm fairly new to the Net and completely new to this group, so I have
> two questions.
>
> 1. Is this group dedicated to Kate Bush? The word 'gaffa' is usually
> mentioned when talking about a song on "The Dreaming". (If not, ignore
> the next question. ...And I did try to find out via a web site, but the
> link didn't connect.)
This is what you thought it was, although other topics even remotely related
to Kate are allowed (unless it's Tori Amos :).

> 2. Is it active? (I subscribed but received no downloads, which is
> pretty unusual.)
The mailing list (Love-Hounds) is working fine, but there seems to be a
problem with the gateway between L-H and the newsgroup (messages to either are
distributed to both).  I am on a couple of ISPs, and *neither* have had any
traffic on r.m.g for a while now, so I don't think it's a problem with your
news-server. (Yes, I read these posts 3 times--am I obsessive, or what?!)

> Thank you for your time.
Don't mention it!

___ "I think you're all completely mad"-Kate (to her fans)
 |\                                                   pdc@acorn.net