Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Let's talk about something else (was: Re: Len Bullard's comments)

From: Kent Finley <bhr4@hg.uleth.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 12:06:57 MST
Subject: Let's talk about something else (was: Re: Len Bullard's comments)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Kate has obviously chosen not to tour.  She has that right.
>Len has told us how he feels.  He has that right.
>Now, let's talk about something ELSE.

OK, how about who would you most like to hear Kate record a duet with?

Peter Gabriel doesn't count--been done.
Prince doesn't count--almost been done.
Tori Amos doesn't count--too obvious.

My choice would be Leonard Cohen, if only for the extreme variation in ranges
that might be evidenced in such a collaboration.  If they wrote it together,
Kate could maybe glean a bit more about popular songwriting (think "Bird on a
Wire", "First We Take Manhattan", "Ain't No Cure For Love"), and Leonard Cohen
could maybe learn a bit about singing (think "Suzanne")!

Peace,

Kent