Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (mistakes) Well, she is rescued

From: skutter <skutter@venefica.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 17:00:54 +0100
Subject: Re: (mistakes) Well, she is rescued
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <322AC62B.5F4E@ultranet.com>, sketchbk@ultranet.com writes
>The sour note occurs at the worst time as well, when she sings
>"Ca-thy..." and there is a brief piano break just before the corus kicks
>in for the last remaining part of the song.
>I can't be the only one who thinks this a terrible goof that should not
>have been left uncorrected in an otherwise beautiful song.
>I literally can't listen to the blemish without feeling utterly
>disappointed.
>
>Anyway, that's just my perspective. You may disagree.
I would disagree, I very much doubt the 'fault' was looked over in the
remake, I would say it was intentional. I think it makes the song feel
ever more emotive and real for me, I love the way her voice can haunt me
and with the 'fault' it makes it feel ever more human...

But that's just my perspective... :)

       ......John