Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Well, she is rescued

From: mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 07:03:45 +0200 (MET DST)
Subject: Re: Well, she is rescued
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Michael Rees wrote:

>And what is significant about TNW is that the interpretations remain
>coherent no matter what vector one takes throughout the piece. And that is
>what makes it art, and not just an album side. If there were only one
>possible path through the work, then where would the magic be? My 2p...

It doesn't matter if there only is one possible path through
the work: the True Magic _is_ there because when you focus on
listening, you will find yourself bobbing in the waves beside her,
she's looking drowsy as you try to keep here awake but you're not
getting through. You're skating beside her, but you know that
you/she is alone here, feeling the wind in you're face.
You'll feel the cold of the water as you hear the ice break beneath
you, and you'll feel that fright as you're under the ice unable to
break up through it again. You'll feel the panic creeping up on you
as you realize there's no escape...

That's Magic...

Music is like vintage wine. It keeps getting better over the years,
if those who made it knew how to make it right...

Mikael Jakonen
                                            mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se
                                                   a94mikja@ida.his.se