Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (mistakes) Well, she is rescued

From: sketchbk@ultranet.com
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 11:34:26 +0000
Subject: Re: (mistakes) Well, she is rescued
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I am new to the list, and just started reading this thread. I am a
dedicated Kate Bush listener and love most of her work.
In regards to her not making mistakes, I have to disagree on one account
that I noticed from the first listening:
Her voice cracks in the remade version of Wuthering Heights found on
"The Whole Story".
The sour note occurs at the worst time as well, when she sings
"Ca-thy..." and there is a brief piano break just before the corus kicks
in for the last remaining part of the song.
I can't be the only one who thinks this a terrible goof that should not
have been left uncorrected in an otherwise beautiful song.
I literally can't listen to the blemish without feeling utterly
disappointed.

Anyway, that's just my perspective. You may disagree.

Ric.