Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Life, the Universe, and Kate

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 10:21:36 -0700
Subject: Life, the Universe, and Kate
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I either agree or disagree with IED - I'm not sure what point
he was trying to make.

There is no more One True Interpretation of any given Kate
lyric than there is One True Religion.  Yes, there are several
blatantly WRONG interpretations (and religions, for that matter)
("'There goes a Tenner' is obviously something to do with trout,
or some other freshwater fish."  "I'm a Scientologist.") but Only
One Correct one?  If we thought THAT way, we'd all be saying
"Gaffa is duct tape and that's it end of story."  (OK, some people
DO hold THAT view, but we pat them on the head and say "that's
nice." in a soothing voice).

- Stev0 the Watchman

"Hurm"
  - Rorschach