Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hello Earth

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 17:05:27 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Hello Earth
To: "Sawyer, Keith" <Keith.Sawyer@FMR.Com>
Cc: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Sawyer, Keith wrote:

> Thanks for the memory - I find this one of her most visually appealing songs
> as well, along with the burning fields in "Never Be Mine".  Any others out
> there affected by strong imagry in one of Kate's works?

I'm always affected by "Rocket's Tail" - "...and now, shooting into the
night..." - I always imagine Kate dressed up in a suit kind of like the
one in the film "The Rocketeer" and suddenly high up in the sky...

For "Mother Stands For Comfort" I always imagine the mother in the song
opening the door to some policemen on the other side, only so she can
peer around the side, and that the person she is hiding (after all, it
sounds like it's written from a man's perspective - "Mother will hide the
madman")... anyway, I imagine this person to be standing just down a
short hallway, behind a door to one of the rooms, listening to the police
and the mother talking, waiting in fear for them to go.

Alan.