Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Can't stand Kate

From: Rod Kratochwill <Rod.Kratochwill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 00:23:16 +0000
Subject: Can't stand Kate
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Ken Saloranta (salorake@idirect.com) wrote:

: On a second point, my wife can't stand Kate (mind you, I can't stand
: Madonna or Culture Club so we're even).

You poor people.  The life of the lonely Kate fan, always having to enjoy
her music over the objections of others.

For once I feel like a lucky Kate fan. My wife and I discovered Kate at the
same time (though at different locations).  It was via her appearance on
Saturday Night Live.  Wy wife (who I did not yet know at that time) was in
school at Southern Illinois University and was lucky enough to see it twice,
once on the IL station and once again an hour later on a KY station! :)

I was in Chicago at the time and only got to see it once.  :(

Once we met, many months later, we discovered that we were both Kate fans.
We have been ever since, though we are both a little more partial to the
earlier works.

It is a joy to be able to listen to the music I love with the one I love.

It seems to run in my family as well.  My older brother is a kate fan (after
I introduced him to TKI and NfE), and my younger brother is a TRS fan.

My daughter on the other hand, likes Mariah Carey and Celine Dion.  :(
Though I don't mind listening to her Donna Lewis tape.  It sounds a little
like Jane Siberry on a couple of tracks.

Rod
# Rod.Kratochwill@worldnet.att.net
# Rod.Kratochwill@itron.com