Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Can't stand Kate

From: "Birch, Keith" <BIRCK@msmail.acgs.qld.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 12:13:00 PDT
Subject: RE: Can't stand Kate
To: Kate Bush list <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 24 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I am so envious of the luck of some people who have partners who love KT. I
used to share my joy with my best friend with whom I discovered TKI when we
were both sixteen, but he's been in Thailand for 8 years! Since then the KT
sharing has been very sparse - until I discovered this list. There has been
only one other notable time where the joy of sharing came through, and that
happened two months ago. I was sitting in a bar with some friends when
beside me I heard a young chap (only 19) mention KT and I turned around and
asked "How much do you know of her stuff" and he said "ALL OF IT!" Needless
to say neither of us spoke to anyone else for the next two hours and I'm
ashamed to say (althoug it was great at the time) that we bored our
respective friends stupid as we sang and sang and sang KT songs from every
album, doing the harmonies where we could and ending up soul buddies for
life! Has anyone else had such a thing happen - especially with someone from
the 'next generation' of KT fans, so to speak? Whereas I usually am not
impressed with the under 25's these days (what an old stick in the mud) this
was really impressive - I mean, she's hardly top-20!

KEITH BIRCH