Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Computer terminology & Kate Covered

From: mfgr@bart.nl (Marcel Rijs)
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 21:23:57 -0100
Subject: Re: Computer terminology & Kate Covered
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

In the continuing Deeper Understanding debate, Bryan Dongray wrote:

> Thanks Allen this is really great to have a discussion, and to hear
> other viewpoints. I know I'm usually very down to earth about lots of
> things, but I think I understand the reason for the exaggeration of
> some of the lyrics and sounds, it really explains what's happening.
>
> Imagine if it went:
> 	As the people here grow colder
> 	I turn to my computer
> 	And spend my evenings with it
> 	Like a friend.
> 	I installed a new program
> 	I had ordered from a magazine:
>
> 	"Are you lonely, are you lost?
> 	This voice console is a must."
>
>			I click an icon
>				[sound of double mouse click, disk rattling]
>etc.
>
> Perhaps this is a little more up to date than when DU was written,
> my guess is about 1987, that IS 9 years ago. Doesn't time fly!

This sounds like a great version of "Deeper Understanding - ten years later".
Maybe more lyric changes could be made so that the song actually sounds like
it would apply to contemporary hard- and software.

I have now received eight contributions for "Kate Bush Covered" and I'm
still hunting after more! Anyone who dares to alter the above song, or any
other Kate Bush song for that matter, please contact me.
You only need to record your own version of a Kate Bush song to enter!

Greetings,
** Marcel F G Rijs - "Conan the librarian"
** Den Haag        - The Netherlands (EUROPE)
** Internet: mfgr@bart.nl              CIS: 100276,2176
** WWW:  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marcel
** Order the Tori Amos Covered CD.. LAST CHANCE!(Email for info)