Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Deeper Understanding

From: davidh@electric.net (David Hathaway)
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 96 05:57:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Deeper Understanding
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <1.5.4.32.19960801032409.006a5c40@relay.starnet.net.ar>, gonzalo@startel.com.ar (Gonzalo Balerdi) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>C'on guys... don't try to defend the undefendable. IMHO, DU is by far her
>worst song. The melody is quite good, but she spoiled it with all the beeps
>beeps and the silly lyrics. It's the one Kate song I just can't listen to.
>Again, that's IMHO.

Ok, while we are on the topic of "worst" I'll vote for Eat The Music, closely
followed by Rocket Man...

>** What ??? **  When the girl is trying to hack it's UNIX ( if my memory
>serves me correctly, she says "oh, good, its unix" )  she just wanders
>through some rendered mazes, kind of a VRML world. It's more like Doom than
>an OS. Is *that* a real machine? .  Same thing happens here: IMHO, they
>spoiled the movie with this scene.

Well, the console itself was hooked into an SGI workstation, and, yes, I have
seen SGI front ends that work exactly like that, alot of the earlier Iris
workstations were often set up in this fashion.

  w  w  w  .  m  o  n  k  e  y  -  b  o  y  .  c  o  m
  David Hathaway, CEO Of Monkey-Boy.com, Minder of the cats...
  davidh@monkey-boy.com, davidh@wimsey.com, davidh@electric.net
  Home to The Mars Subway Canadian Music Page, Melinda's Home Page and MIASMA