Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Someone else likes these?

From: "John D. Walker" <jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:57:20 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Someone else likes these?
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I happen to like "Never Be Mine" and "Straight Down the Middle" off
TSW too.  Most people slag these songs (especially the second one)
incessantly.  I think "Never Be Mine" is one of Kate's best.  Most of TSW
and TRS I don't really care for, but as IED said, it's Kate, one
shouldn't question it.  However, "This Woman's Work" is an incredible
song - can't believe you left that one off.  It's almost worth the CD
just for that song.  Same with "Moments of Pleasure" off TRS.  Heavy
stuff.  Kate RULES!!

I also found the comments about not being able to casually listen to "The
Dreaming" interesting.  I've found that I hear more in it if I put it on and
don't follow the music too closely.  The strange things kind of jump out
at you more.  Then you can back up and check it out.  "Hounds" is similar, at
least on my system.  It's almost a Zen thing.  "Hounds" and "The Dreaming"
are AWESOME.  If these were the only CD's Kate ever recorded, she would still
be certain of a spot in history as one of the most brilliant artists of
all time.

Cheers -
John