Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ratings and mistakes

From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 96 20:50:45 EDT
Subject: Ratings and mistakes
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Well, I had to do about 24 hours worth of driving in the last week
without a radio (tape player being repaired), so I was stuck listening to
CDs on a portable with headphones. About 18 of those hours were spent
with Kate (all except TSW and TRS), with a little Peter Murphy thrown in
for counterpoint (Plus a Joan Armatrading. I just don't see how to
connect Joan and Kate music, no matter the recent post).  With that
refresher, my '*' ratings (for anyone who gives a rodent's posterior):

    The Kick Inside         ****
    Lionheart               **
    Never For Ever          *******   (...my sentimental #1)
    The Dreaming            ******    (still my #3)
    Hounds Of Love (-TNW)   *****
    The Ninth Wave          *******   (better than NFE, but....)
    The Sensual World       *
    The Red Shoes           ***

Only change was upping TKI over TRS. Of course, when I listen to TRS
again.....

If that radio isn't fixed before I have to drive down to Key West this
weekend to pick my son up at my brother's, I'll probably start rating
individual songs per album next (pray for the radio!).

-->> Wrong Caldwell: I said the wonderful dream brought back memories of
an Erskine Caldwell short story. I meant Taylor Caldwell and the story
was in a linked compilation called Grandmother And The Priests.  Nothing
really similar, except the feeling I got while reading it.  I think the
book is someplace in our attic....

Neal Mulvenna                                          __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --